1. Protective styles can offer your hair the luxuries of wellness and relaxation that a maintained style can achieve for a period of 3-6 weeks if it is styled in a no or low manipulation alternative way.
2. Protective styles are designed to retain growth while you are growing your hair longer and to keep your hair soft during this process.
3. Protective styles provide you with the chance to change your look and to try out something completely new as your hair is taking a much-need break from styling products and heat.
The idea here is to reduce the amount of damage that daily maintenance with styling products and heat can do to your natural hair. After the protective style has been removed, it is natural to have hair breakage and growth. You should moisturize and maintain your style during wear. Select styles that require very little or no manipulation. Low manipulation styles include: twist-outs, cornrows, and braids that get re-braided at night before going to bed, or buns tucked into styles. (There will be some breakage that will naturally occur due to daily care.) Those styles save time. No manipulation styles: weaves, wigs, flat twist, braids, twist. Those styles do not require any daily combine and fingers or a wide-tooth comb are best to use. If maintained properly there should be minimal breakage.
Khamit Kinks specializes in the care and grooming of all types of hair at different stages. Among the Signature Styles that we offer are protective styles for encouraging growth and combating breakage. In our salon, protective styles include, but not limited to:
– Up dos
– Twists: Double and Flat strain
Additional hair in human or synthetic hair form is added for more versatility in texture, length, thickness, and color. Whether you wear a natural style, weave, low cut, or are making the transition to natural, we provide personal consultations along with expert care. Think from the inside out. Are you eating a healthy diet? Your hair growth cycle is determined what the things that you put into your body.
Protective Styles should:
– Protect your natural hair that is underneath
– Prevent excessive pulling
– Not be overly tight
– Protect your ends